Chronic Disease Self-Management
The Chronic Disease Self-Management Program is a workshop that runs between 1 and 2 hours once a week for six weeks. People with different ongoing health problems attend together. Classes are highly participative, where mutual support and success build the participants’ confidence in their ability to manage their health and maintain active and fulfilling lives.
Subjects covered include:
- Techniques to handle problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- Appropriate exercises for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility and endurance
- Appropriate use of medication
- Communicating effectively with family, friends and health professionals
- Aspects of nutrition
- Decision making
- How to evaluate new treatments
Besides our public workshops, we can offer workshops to private groups.
For more information about the program or to inquire about an upcoming workshop, call (315) 252-4212.