The Cayuga County Community Health Network Inc. (CCCHN) is a consortium of community leaders and health and human service providers who serve Cayuga County residents. Our backbone funding comes from New York State Charles D. Cook Office of Rural Health.
Founded in 1997, CCCHN, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation, one of 37 Rural Health Networks funded under the New York State Rural Health Network Demonstration Program. CCCHN was formed when the Cayuga County Health Department, Auburn Community Hospital, Cayuga Bank, East-Hill Family Medical and the Cayuga County Medical Society came together to discuss shared concerns regarding the possibility of state-mandated Medicaid managed care in the late 1990s.
That same year, the Health Network Steering Committee pursued a grant under the New York State Department of Health’s Rural Health Network Development Program to fund the development of a Cayuga County-specific provider plan in lieu of a state-mandated system. This successful grant proposal became the work plan for what was originally known as the Cayuga County Rural Health Network.
Who We Are
CCCHN values community relationships and collaborations to help serve Cayuga County residents. We have regularly services and programs that address chronic diseases, self-management of ongoing health conditions, and prevention of potential diabetes and obesity. We also have programs dedicated to home safety and landlord education. At the heart of everything CCCHN does is partnerships, and staff participates with many coalitions and committees throughout the community.
The Network strives to improve the overall health of Cayuga County residents by addressing access of services and the needs of the community. The Network also develops and sponsors prevention and health promotion programs that aims to improve the overall health of individuals, families and communities. The Network achieves these goals through development of collaborative strategies to assess the nature and extent of county healthcare needs and securing resources to address them.
The Network supports these objectives by:
- Functioning as a consortium of health and human service providers, community and business leaders, and consumers to work cooperatively to provide coordinated health care services to the local community.
- Assessing the community’s health care needs, identifying strategies to meet those needs, and implementing activities designed to improve access to health care services by the local community.
- Developing relationships with members of local, state, and federal government agencies to improve funding opportunities to meet health care needs of Cayuga County.
- Partnering with local agencies and on regional efforts to utilizing existing resources efficiently and exchange best practices.
- Utilizing the knowledge and abilities of local agencies and health care providers in identifying the health and social service needs of the service population.
- Providing health and wellness programs to the community targeting chronic diseases and hazard reduction.